Ropes Course is now open for the season!
Test your climbing skills on our challenging ropes course, one of the Aquatarium’s most engaging activities for adults and children aged 5 and up!
Ahoy, matey! Experience climbing through the rigging of a tall ship with our one-of-a-kind ropes course! Our High Ropes Course is a 9 element obstacle adventure suspended a minimum of 12 feet above our 3rd floor. Strapped into a harness with lanyards, you will learn how to navigate through our course in a safe but exciting way. Our trained staff will be on hand to help you traverse each obstacle. If you are fearless, we will keep a watchful eye but let you explore the course at your own pace.
Experience what it would be like to balance on the bowsprit or crawl across the yard arm like a crew member. Pretend you are a rum runner smuggling barrels across the border or climb up our ratline wall as you look at the 40 foot drop below.
The course is a great means to build confidence, problem solve and learn about historic ships of the Great Waterway in a fun and interactive way!
And if you dare….try our 40 foot quick jump called the AquaDrop! Attached to a Free Fall Device that uses eddy current magnetic braking technology, the AquaDrop provides you with an exciting controlled fall experience. Walk the small wooden plank and take a ‘leap of faith’ from our 4th floor down to the 1st floor.
When purchasing the Ropes Course you will sign up for a time-slot . Time-slots can only be booked when participants are on site. Participants are given 45 minutes to complete the Ropes Course and AquaDrop. There are a maximum of 10 participants per time-slot. This helps ensure that wait times are minimized and that our staff can provide the safest experience for everyone!
Ropes Course Pricing
Tickets for the ropes course and your first AquaDrop are $11.50 (+ tax) per person.
NEW! We now offer a Family Ropes Course deal which allows a group of four or five people to go on the ropes course and first AquaDrop for only $39.99 (+ tax)!
Admission to the Aquatarium must be purchased in order to participate on the ropes course.
Ropes Course and AquaDrop Safety Requirements
Please ensure you meet all requirements PRIOR to buying tickets as refunds will not be given.
– Closed toe shoes must be worn on the Ropes Course and AquaDrop. No sandals, no heels, no crocs. Water shoes are available if needed.
– Participants’ minimum age is 5 years. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied on the ropes course by an adult (18 years and over).
– All participants must complete the waiver form and emergency contact form prior to be allowed to use the Ropes Course and the AquaDrop. Anyone under 18 years must have a parent/guardian present to sign the waiver.
Ropes Course Guidelines
- Participants must adhere to the instructions of the staff on duty.
- Participants’ maximum weight is 118 Kg (260 lbs).
- Participants’ minimum weight is 20 Kg (45 lbs) for the Aqua Drop.
- Participants must be able to pass the reach test. If child is unable to reach, a parent or guardian must accompany them on the course. Each parent can assist a maximum of 2 children on the course.
- Participants’ minimum age is 5 years.
- Proper footwear is required. Ensure your shoes are secure. No flip flops or open toe / high-heeled shoes.
- No loose items such as cell phones or cameras. Eyeglasses should be secured.
- Pockets must be empty.
- Staff members are not responsible for lost or damaged items left or brought into the course area.
- Only 2 participants on an element at one time.
- Maximum 4 participants on a platform at one time.
- No running, jumping, horseplay.
- No bouncing off elements or on platforms.
- Do not tamper with or adjust your personal safety equipment (i.e. harness)
- Staff members have the right to disallow and/or end your participation on the ropes course should you not be following the rules, or you are causing disruption to another participants’ experience.
- No gum, food, or drinks are permitted in the ropes course area.
- Participation on the ropes course activity is at your own risk. A release of liability must be signed by all participants and by a Parent/ Guardian if the participant is under the age of 18.
This ropes course is not recommended for participants who are pregnant or have the following conditions: neck problems, back problems, heart problems, recent surgeries, or any history of physical conditions that may be aggravated by the ropes course.
Please participate responsibly. Participants should be in good health and should have no other physical condition and limitations. If you suspect your health could be at risk for any reason or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind, please do not participate. If you are injured in any way during your participation in this ropes course experience, please notify a staff member prior to leaving the facility.