Evidence shows play as being the optimal context for learning
With school-age children back in school, the Aquatarium is excited to offer something special for our littlest friends who are preparing for school. In our line-up of new programs this Fall, we are excited to begin our Otters & Tots program for children 2-4 years old! Three (3) days per week, we will be running a program specifically developed for your toddlers!
Research indicates that there is a strong link between play and learning for young children, especially in the areas of problem-solving, language acquisition, literacy, and mathematics. Otters & Tots is a play-based Educational program aimed to develop and enrich skills that are needed for when they enter Kindergarten. Ontario’s Kindergarten program complements our Education mandate at the Aquatarium by promoting the development of high-order thinking skills by capitalizing on children’s natural curiosity, their innate sense of wonder, and their desire to make sense of their surroundings.
Otters & Tots details:
– Supervised play-based learning
– Learning activities that are structured following an inquiry-based approach
– Intentionally planned challenging, dynamic, play-based learning opportunities
– Learning activities aligned with children’s interests
– Staff are qualified teachers + First Aid certified
– Cost: 3 sessions $30; 2 sessions $25; 1 session $15 (all prices +tax)
– Time: 9am-10am
– Where: Aquatarium – 6 Broad St., Brockville ON.
Download our registration form here: OTTERS and TOTS REGISTRATION
Otters and Tots will be offered on the following dates:
21, 23, 26, 28
2, 5, 7, 9,
19, 21, 23,
26, 28, 30
Any inquiries can be emailed to our education team at: [email protected]